You will need:
- Individual Lashes.
- Eyelash glue.
- Slanted Tweezers.
- An eyelash curler.
- Time and patience!
1. Apply your eye shadow primer and all your eye makeup except for mascara so that you start with perfectly clean lashes. (Sometimes eye shadow can fall out onto lashes so I recommend brushing over the tops of your lashes with a brow comb or mascara wand and lightly wiping off any colour with a cotton tip soaked in eye makeup remover, only clean your lashes, nothing else!)
2. Take one of the individual lash clusters and find one that fits right for where you want to place it (the longer go on the outer corner and the medium/smaller in the middle/inner corner) if you find none of them fit right cut a small amount off the top of the lashes.
3. Place a small amountof lash glue (DUO Adhesive holds best, you can find it at specialised makeup stores) onto the eyelash clusters with a brush or dip the base of the cluster into some of the glue. Ensure you wait about 50 seconds before applying; this will enable the glue to become tacky and help it to stick and last longer.
4. Now stand in front of a mirror and tilt your head back so you can see your lash line clearly. Start at the outer corner of the eye and work towards the inner corner. Stick the clusters where you see bare patches/spots, wiggle the lash into the lash line or slide it into the lashes whilst looking down and secure it with the help of tweezers.
5. Once you have finished applying your individual false lashes allow the glue to dry for about five to ten minutes. Then gently curl your lashes with an eyelash curler (this will bond all of the lashes together to make them look pretty) and finish with a coat of black mascara.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- If you find that each time you apply mascara the individual lashes keep coming out onto the wand; you can actually apply mascara before applying false lashes.
- If you make a mistake very gently pull off the clusters with your fingers and wiggle it out gently. Peel off the glue and repeat the process all over again with the same lash. (Unless it is badly damaged)
- Do all your eye makeup before you do your face makeup so you can easily correct any mistakes.
- Ensure you wear eyeliner on the upper lash line to conceal the base of any individual lashes.
- Don’t use more than 5 individual lashes on each eye as it will look very fake, if you want more go for a full set of natural looking lashes instead.
- Ensure you use lengthening mascara, not thickening; these can go clumpy on false lashes and ruin the attractive look they give.