Back to the basics - Cleansing your skin.
So today is something a little different then the normal, we tend to forget about the importance of cleansing our skin so here’s a little refresher. One of the most basic rules when it comes to skincare is to remove your makeup before you hit the pillow at night, although basic, and although simple are people beginning to forget the importance of cleansing? Or are they just plain lazy? Here are the basic facts about why you need to be removing your makeup.
- Sleeping with your makeup on can clog the pores; resulting in acne and
- Sleeping with your makeup on can cause skin irritations such as contact dermatitis, redness, eczema and lots of other nasty skin conditions.
- Most makeup contains pore clogging ingredients and other nasty chemicals, leaving them on for long periods of time is potentially dangerous to your skin and your health.
- Sleeping in makeup which contains mineral oil (a petro chemical) can increase skins photo sensitivity and cause acne. (photo sensitivity is where your skin is more sensitive to the sun, shows up wrinkles faster and absorbs more UVA/UVB rays)
- Most makeup contains some SPF even if it’s only a very small amount, and if your makeup didn’t; your skincare used to prep for your makeup would. Normally at least one of the products you are using will contain SPF. SPF is normally Zinc oxide or Titanium dioxide based, when these products are on your skin the skin cannot properly repair itself as these ingredients create a barrier.
- It can cause the skin to come under stress and produce excess oils.
- Your skin needs to be able to breathe.
- Skin needs to be replenished and packed full of nutrients and moisture at the end of each day as it is subject to environmental damage.
- None of your serums, or moisturisers will work to their full potential if you’ve got a layer of makeup between them.
What do you think of this post? Would you like to see more articles like this;taking you back to the basics?